Updated: 15-Sep-12 13:00 PST
Sourcing (* = desirable, ** = vital)
Other things I see:
- Make sure we got all paperwork needed for boat and crew
- Update manually maps we have in the boat
- Change the name on the boat
- Have a First Aid \ CPR training for the crew
Today, I cleaned the interior of the boat: oven, cold box, toilet, floor. Three little things to repair (or not):
- one pan holder on the oven
- the door of a cabinet in the toilet
- a trap in the floor
We will have to buy a propane tank because we have none for the oven.
I also tested the sump pump and it is working.
Finally, I removed the former name of the boat on the haul.
Next step for me will be to take everything out of every locker and make a list so we can decide together what we really need and make place for food, dishes, first aid kit and personnal stuff of the crew. Hope you travel light!
Stuff to add to our list:
- Check out all the seacock and make sure valves are working
- Get a kit of wooden plugs
- Make sure the emergency tiller is working
Tested the emergency tiller this morning: working
Will replace alternator belt tomorrow and get the retention tank pumped out
Good job Evelyne for getting a good start on the repair list. Any crew has any dietary restrictions. I eat pretty much anything except for milk products.
Some little new things to do that we found while inventoring the boat:
- one clip for the table is broken so one side of it will clab while the boat rock
- The swimming ladder is torn in a way thatt the clip don'y clip. Can be bothering while trying to sleep and it bang.
- Check out all light bulb
- Locate every thruhaul
And the CF number is erased on the bow
In addition to stuff I already wrote in the Security discussion, here is a list of the priorities as I see it today:
- Look at every extra sail we have and choose witch to bring
- Get proper blocks, sheets (guy) and rigging accessories for the spinnakker (including a ring or a hook to put on the rail on the fromt mast to put the pole)
- Install dephtsounder properly
- Repair wind direction instrument
- Update our maps
- Buy at least 2 extra belt for the alternator (size 32)
- Figure out extra pieces we might need for the engine
- Find a proper place for our tools kit
- sponge oil from the bildge and make sure the repair Ray made on the oil tank pipe is ok
- Change water pump
- Repait water tap system
- Clean water tank
- Fill propane tank
- Test propane stove and sniffer system
Today, Ray filled the propane tank and the good news is that the stove and sniffer system is working!
I bought two spare alternator belt and I painted a second coat on the bow so we now have our IRG official lettering and yellow stripe !!! Jessy will paint the other side tomorrow, just in time for the party!
We will also work on the water pump, tap and tank tomorrow and hoppefully will test the spinnakker while sailing to the party on sunday! I'm so excited!