Here are ideas to help our supporters fundraise. I can give some examples of very successful fundraising by our members, including Melissa Fleming who did most of the below and within 24 hours raised US $1500 for our second Haiti mission earlier this year! If you have any other ideas, please do post them as comments to this blog.
FUNDRAISING FOR IRG SUPPORTERS
- Become a member of IRG. This is free, simply sign in from our Home Page. This allows you to build your own IRG Page where you can upload photos, videos, blogs, join discussions and get our occasional broadcast emails.
- Copy the URL from your own IRG Page and add it to your posts and emails. As an example, mine is http://members.internationalrescuegroup.org/profile/IRGadmin
- You can link your blogs on your IRG Page to automatically copy to your Facebook and Twitter pages.
- Write a fundraising blog. Include IRG's online donation link http://bit.ly/IRGdonations and state that contributors can donate by PayPal or credit cards.
- Your blog should talk about IRG, the mission you are joining, how a donation will help, how much you hope to raise and that as IRG is an accredited US nonprofit donations are tax deductible.
- Post your blog in your Facebook, Twitter and any other social media page you have.
- Send an email with this blog to all your friends, family and colleagues. State that your voyage will have a real-time chart showing our position, and that you will be maintaining a blog at every port of call.
- After a couple of weeks, repeat with a message saying how much you have raised so far!